Lews Castle

Western Isles, Scotland

City/Town/Village: Stornoway
District: Na H-Eileanan an Iar
County: Western Isles
Latitude/Longitude: 58.2142, -6.40301
Postcode: HS2 0XP
(postcode is for sat-nav purposes only, and may not represent the actual address of the castle)

Accomodation Links

Hotels and Guest Houses in Stornoway
Lews Castle is a Victorian era castle located west of the town of Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Scotland. It was built in the years 1847-57 as a country house for Sir James Matheson who had bought the whole island a few years previously with his fortune from the Chinese Opium trade. It was designed by the Glasgow architect Charles Wilson.

Share |