District: Fynwy - Monmouthshire
Latitude/Longitude: 51.8777, -2.7902
Postcode: NP7 8UG
(postcode is for sat-nav purposes only, and may not represent the actual address of the castle)
A circular keep dominating a rectangular ward, with a round tower at each corner - constructed by Hubert de Burgh probably between 1219 and 1232. One of the 'Three Castles' held in common ownership, with Grosmont and White Castle. OS map 161: SO 457202.
We welcome assistance dogs at our sites. From April 2009, dogs on leads will also be welcome at some of our sites. Please see 'dogs' page (on the left) for more information.
Information from Cadw website